JEXPO Exam Date Eligibility Age Fee Ditails 2021 West Bengal Polytechnic Diploma Engineering Entrance Examination, National Policy of Education (NPE), 1986 highlighted the need for strengthening the Polytechnic Education System to cater to the need of emerging industries and technologies. To develop the Polytechnic Education System to the desired level, it required lot of investments. Government of India drew a Project for up gradation and strengthening of the Polytechnic Education in the country with assistance of the World Bank. The State of West Bengal participated in the Technician Education-II Project supported by the World Bank (IDA Credit No. 2223-IN). The project in our State started in 1992 and completed in October 1999. A total investment of about Rs.142 crores was made under the project. New Polytechnics were set-up, new courses were introduced and extensive staff development activities were taken-up. Curricula were updated and revised. Facilities for technician education were improved for the girls. Workshops and Laboratories were upgraded and modernised. Civil works was done in all the polytechnics.
Polytechnic Education came under National Framework of Technical Education soon after independence to bridge the gap between Engineers and Workmen. Towards industrialization, plans were made to build PSUs, increase the network of railways and capacity building in Ordnance Factories and other industries. There was a felt need to develop a pool of technicians who could supervise the work in the workshop and in the site. New polytechnics were set-up in different plan periods. The polytechnics initially offered courses in Civil, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering. With rapid industrialisation processes there was a felt need for introduction of courses like Mining Engineering, Radio Communication Engineering, Architecture and the like.
West Bengal State Council of Technical Education has notified regarding conduct of JEXPO 2021 and VOCLET 2021 for admission in WB polytechnics for 2021 admission session. The JEXPO 2021 exams will be held for diploma courses admissions in 1st and 2nd year respectively. Government, Government sponsored and Self financed polytechnics in West Bengal
JEXPO 2021 and Voclet 2021 Examinations
JEXPO 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate must have passed or appeared* in class 10 exam and secured at least 35% marks (without additional subject) in the qualifying examination without rounding up.
- There is no age limit for the JEXPO exam, however candidate’s date of birth should be afte 01.07.2012 for this year.
VOCLET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate should have passed or appeared* class 12 science with vocational subjects from WBSCVET or passed 2 years ITI after class 10.
- There is no age limit for WBSCTE VOCLET 2021
Candidates would be submitted application form. The important dates are following:
- The Official Notification announce date – January 2021
- Application Form submission date – From January 2021 to February 2021
- Admit Card Releasing date – Before 15 days of the examination
- Date of Written Examination- April 2021
- Result Announcing Date- June 2021